Becoming a Paramedic
Turn your passion for helping others into an exciting career!
What is a Primary Care Paramedic (PCP)
A paramedic is a specialized healthcare professional who is primarily trained to respond to emergency calls for medical help outside of a hospital. Paramedics primarily work in ambulances as part of the emergency response services.
Paramedics may also provide medical care outside of an emergency response environment. For example, they may provide:
- Care to a patient transferring from one health facility to another (both ground and aeromedical)
- Care within an emergency department and/or Nursing Station
- Care in community settings (Community Paramedicine, Palliative Care)
- Care through private companies on industrial sites or at special events
- Paramedics can also function as educators and administrators
Your journey begins
Programs and pathways to becoming a Paramedic in Sault Ste. Marie:
Learn more about requirements you’ll need to become a Paramedic in Ontario here
Support for getting there:
Funding and financial support is available for tuition and other related costs:
Work for us!
Current postings for careers at Social Services can be found here: