Job Posting: #38-20
Job Title: Unit Manager
Division: Ontario Works
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is searching for an Ontario Works Unit Manager to join our team based in Sault Ste. Marie.
The Ontario Works Unit Manager provides direct supervision to a Case Management Unit and assumes day to day operational responsibility for the Unit. Some of the key duties and responsibilities include:
• Supervise employees in accordance with policy and the Collective Agreement inclusive of improving work performance, maintaining acceptable conduct, taking disciplinary action, and assisting with hiring.
• Manage the onboarding process for new hires.
• Assist in the development and implementation of Ontario Works policies.
• Review decisions under applicable legislation and other programs as designated and as required by legislation.
• Utilize applicable technology systems (SAMS, OCCMS, etc.) to input and review applicable information.
• Manage daily activities of the Unit to ensure effective and efficient program/service delivery.
• Assist with ensuring implementation of all Ministry and Board policies and directives.
• Provide ongoing review of participant’s progress through the Action Plan, utilizing available monitoring tools including regular meetings with the appropriate team members.
• Ensure appropriate referral of participants to support services either delivered internally through Social Services or externally through other agencies.
• Ensure ongoing current knowledge of legislation regulations, policies, procedures and directives necessary amongst all unit staff in order to carry out duties and use electronic systems.
• Conduct regular Unit meetings.
• Recommend staffing, procedural and/or policy changes.
• Provide information and direction to clients, applicants and other interested persons regarding available programs and services.
• Establish and maintain network with community agencies and resources.
• Participate in various community groups as requested by the Director.
• Respond to inquiries from clients, third party agencies, politicians, Ministry staff and other appropriate persons in accordance with privacy legislation (MFIPPA).
• Participate as part of the Division Management Team including but not limited to the areas of policy, staff, budget, program development, training and information sharing.
The successful candidate will have the ability to provide effective supervision and leadership, communicate in an effective and tactful manner, contribute routinely as a team member, organize time to meet stringent deadlines and possess a sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office environment. Additional qualifications for this position include:
• Completion of a Community College Diploma in Social Services or an acceptable related discipline;
• A minimum five (5) years of experience on social services delivery; and
• Possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License.
Should you be interested in applying for this exciting career opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line referencing Job Posting #38-20 – Ontario Works Unit Manager. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board offers a competitive compensation package, extensive benefit and pension programs, and a 35-hour work week.
Salary Range: $78,106 to $92,992
Job Class: Non-Union JC 5
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time (35 hours/week
Closing Date: October 23, 2020, 16:00 hours
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Individuals requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangement.