Job Posting: #11-23
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO
Division: Corporate Services
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is searching for an Executive Assistant to the CEO of The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board to join our team based in Sault Ste. Marie.
The role of the Executive Assistant is to perform and coordinate the executive, administrative and technical support for the Chief Executive Officer, the Board of Directors and the senior management team in a confidential and professional manner.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
• Prepare and process general and confidential clerical and administrative support; draft internal and external administrative and executive documents, reports and correspondence for review and signature;
• Perform customer service duties including greeting and providing assistance to visitors who are meeting with the CEO or the Board;
• Maintain CEO’s and Board Chair’s calendar; schedule meetings and register for conferences, as well as make necessary travel arrangements.
• Attend open and closed meetings and provide clerical services as required;
• Schedule Board meetings and prepare, distribute and then publish all necessary materials;
• Co-ordinate the preparation of program reports for the CEO to present at Board meetings as well as create all supporting Board documentation as required;
• Arrange for payment processing and cheque signing for approval by the CEO and to bring discrepancies to the CEO’s attention;
• Assist the CEO with special projects and TWOMO elections as required;
• Maintain a filing system for all key documents and correspondence for the CEO and the DSSMSSAB.
• Ensure policies and procedures are accurately followed, as well as adherence to all professional and provincial and federal regulations and requirements;
• Adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, local policies and practices relating to a healthy workplace;
• Avoid legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation enforcing regulations; recommendating new procedures;
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations, and ensuring required designation(s) remain up to date
The successful candidate will have effective communication skills to deal with all levels of staff, suppliers and government contacts with the ability to maintain confidentiality and use tact and diplomacy effectively at all times. The successful candidate will have the ability to interpret procedures, policies and government correspondence, advanced knowledge of computerized processes and applications and organizational skills as well as general knowledge of MS Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Additional qualifications for this position include:
• College diploma in an appropriate field, such as Office Administration or Business Administration from an accredited Canadian College
• Five (5) years of experience as an administrative assistant in a public service setting;
• Five (5) years of experience working with public sector Boards and Management groups.
• A valid Ontario driver’s license and a vehicle available for use on the job;
• Ability to communicate in both official languages is considered an asset
Should you be interested in applying for this exciting career opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line referencing Job Posting #11-23 Executive Assistant, Corporate Services. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidate’s selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: $65,850 – $78,381
Job Class: Non-Union JC 3
Job Type: Full-Time; 35 hour work-week
Closing Date: February 3, 2023 at 1200 hours
District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board offers a competitive compensation package, extensive benefit and pension programs, and a 35-hour work week.
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Individuals requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangement.