Job Posting: #18-20
Job Title: Eligibility Review Officer – Ontario Works
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time; Up to eight (8) Months (35-hour workweek)
Wage Range: $30.65 to $34.14
Job Class: Union JC 10
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is searching for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our team based in Sault Ste. Marie as an Eligibility Review Officer within the Ontario Works Division. The primary function of the Eligibility Review Officer is to review applicant files to ensure that eligibility and entitlement decisions remain consistent with the provisions of the Ontario Works Act and Regulations, Ministry Directives and Local Policy.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Reviews Ontario Works applicant files to ensure issuance is appropriate and accurate and that all appropriate documentation and verification is in place
- Investigates complaints with regard to client eligibility and entitlement using a structured step process.
- Acts as a liaison with police, the judiciary, legal clinic and client advocacy groups
- Develops with the Unit Manager, an investigative strategy in order to compile and verify information
- Conducts interviews with applicants and other relevant persons for the purposes of compiling and verifying information
- Prepares a report with recommendations as to appropriate action
- Compiles evidence and prepares documentation for legal action when appropriate
- Acts as a resource and liaison with the Police Department when cases are referred for prosecution and other requests.
- Attends court to present evidence as required
- Maintains accurate records on all cases reviewed, investigated or under investigation
- Provides documentation and statistics on all Eligibility Review activities
- Provides a resource to Case Managers as required
- Provides information and direction to clients, applicants and other interested persons concerning available programs and services
- Establishes and maintains communications with law enforcement agencies, advocacy groups and other resources
- Participates in various community groups as directed by the Unit Manager or Director
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board’s health and safety policy and procedures and applicable Provincial legislation listed therein
- Performs other related duties as required
The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate in an effective and tactful manner, contribute routinely as a team member, organize time to maximize contribution and possess a sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office environment. Additional qualifications for this position include:
- Post-secondary Community College diploma in a related discipline, and
- A minimum of two (2) years of Case Management employment with extensive background and experience in eligibility and verification determination
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
Date Posted: June 30, 2020 1600 Hours
Application Deadline: July 8, 2020 1600 Hours
Should you be interested in applying for this exciting career opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline with the subject line referencing job posting #18-20 – Eligibility Review Officer, Ontario Works Temporary.
This position is covered by a collective agreement, CUPE Local 5330. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Individuals requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangement.