Job Posting: #36-20
Job Title: Corporate Affairs and Communications Coordinator
Division: Human Resources
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is searching for a Corporate Affairs and Communications Coordinator to join our Human Resources team based in Sault Ste. Marie.
Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Services, the Corporate Affairs and Communications Coordinator will be actively engaged in the creation and execution of corporate initiatives that directly support the District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board (DSSMSSAB) Strategic Plan. This will be achieved through collaboration with stakeholders to develop and implement various initiatives and programs through a corporate affairs and communication strategy.
Some of the key duties and responsibilities include:
• Develop communication strategies & plans that tell our corporate story, drive our values and celebrate successes
• Deliver inspirational leadership on communications projects
• Drive, manage and create content for communications channels (face to face, intranet, email communications)
• Establish and track metrics that help correlate communications programs to employee productivity and organizational performance
• Coordinate the development and implementation of communications campaigns
• Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practices for internal communication sharing
• Event management – support event planning at trade shows, community events, internal corporate events (e.g. lunch & learns, employee recognition) and other events as they may arise
• Provide project support across the organization
• Work closely with departments to enhance corporate branding, corporate identity and employee engagement
• Create and coordinate employee wellness programs that will promote healthy workplace initiatives and happy employees
The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate in an effective and tactful manner, contribute routinely as a team member, organize time to meet stringent deadlines and possess a sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office environment. Additional qualifications for this position include:
• Post secondary education in Business Administration, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Public Relations
• Minimum two (2) years’ employment experience in marketing, communications, or public relations
• Excellent use of business language and concise writing style
• Ability to provide internal and external stakeholders with professional, clear and concise business communications
• High standard of accuracy
• Good communication and interviewing skills
• Excellent oral, proofreading and presentation skills
• Strong research skills
• Ability to provide concise reports and memos under tight deadlines
• Good understanding of DSSMSSAB and its operations
• Proficiency in both official languages an asset
Should you be interested in applying for this exciting career opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line referencing Job Posting #36-20 Corporate Affairs and Communications Coordinator, Human Resources. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board offers a competitive compensation package, extensive benefit and pension programs, and a 35-hour work week.
Salary Range: $60,080 to 71,545
Job Class: Non-Union JC 2
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time (35 hours/week)
Closing Date: October 23, 2020 at 16:00 hours
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Individuals requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangement.