Job Posting: #47-21
Job Title: Case Manager – Ontario Works
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time; (35-hour workweek)
Wage Range: $31.19 – $34.74
Job Class: Union JC 10
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is searching for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our team based in Sault Ste. Marie as permanent Case Manager within the Ontario Works Division. The primary function of the Case Manager is to assist and support applicants and recipients of social assistance programs by involving them in making the transition from financial dependence to economic self-reliance. Case file management shall be governed by applicable legislation and departmental policies and procedures.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
– Complete participant applications for financial assistance. This may include participant agreements, collateral investigations, maintaining case records, updating both financial and participant information.
– Provide guidance, direction and referral to assist participants in developing and achieving action plan goals.
Utilize the Social Assistance Management System and other computer systems to support the input of applications and program information.
– Conduct initial interviews to collect necessary applicant information and appropriate documentation to determine client eligibility.
– Conduct employability screening of participants; identify applicant strengths and barriers, and the impact on applicant employability.
– Provide a coordinated response to participant action plans and their progress utilizing participation agreements, meeting regularly, and acting as an internal and external liaison.
– Monitor ongoing financial eligibility through collateral information and periodic review of participant circumstances.
– Complete home visits as required.
– Maintain current knowledge of regulations, policies and procedures.
– Establish and maintain a network of community partner agencies and resources.
– Participate and engage with various community group initiatives, as directed by the Unit Manager.
– Attend staff and other meetings as requested by the Unit Manager.
– Maintain a working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety regulations, Worker responsibilities, and organizational health and safety policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate in an effective and tactful manner, contribute routinely as a team member, organize time to maximize contribution and possess a sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office environment. Additional qualifications for this position include:
– Diploma in Social Sciences or a related discipline; and
– Minimum one (1) year experience in Social Services field.
– Proficient in both official languages is an asset.
Date Posted: October 12, 2021 at 16:00 hours
Application Deadline: October 19, 2021 at 16:00 hours
Should you be interested in applying for this exciting career opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume as one PDF document to email@example.com by the application deadline with the subject line references job posting #47-21 – Case Manager, Ontario Works.
This position is covered by a collective agreement, CUPE Local 5330. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Individuals requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangement.