Job Posting: #20-20
Job Title: Case Aide – Ontario Works
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time; Up to eight (8) months (35-hour workweek)
Wage Range: $23.86 to $27.19
Job Class: Union JC 5
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is searching for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our team based in Sault Ste. Marie as a Case Aide within the Ontario Works Division. The primary function of the Case Aide is to provide assistance and support as required to Case Managers; receive and record information from applicants and recipients of social assistance; and provide information to applicants that can assist in resolving issues that will assist in the transition from financial dependence to economic self-reliance.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the completion of initial inquiries or intakes for financial assistance. This process may include receiving supporting documentation and scheduling follow up appointments.
- Provides support to the Case Managers with collateral investigations, maintaining case records, updating both financial and participation information.
- Provides information to participants, which will assist in developing and achieving action plan goals.
- Completes initial inquiries and/or intakes under the Ontario Works Act and other programs as designated by Social Services or as required by legislation.
- Utilizes SAMS or other computer systems available to input the intake and other applicable information.
- Responds to and resolves applicant inquiries subject to review by a Unit Manager or a Case Manager.
- Collects basic employability information from participants as part of the intake process.
- Verifies and processes income statements subject to the review of the Case Manager.
- Provides information to participants about appropriate support services delivered either internally through Ontario Works or externally through other agencies.
- Assists the Case Manager in monitoring ongoing financial eligibility by receiving collateral information.
- Assists the Unit Manager in ensuring that all appropriate records and documentation are current and accurate.
- Assists clients with access to technology and other resources available.
- Provides basic instruction and appropriate assistance to applicants utilizing the Resource Centre information systems in the lobby.
- Assists in the coordinated and unified response to meeting the participant action plan.
- Provides information to clients, applicants and other interested persons concerning available programs and services.
- Assists in the preparation of group information sessions as required.
The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate in an effective and tactful manner, contribute routinely as a team member, organize time to maximize contribution and possess a sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office environment. Additional qualifications for this position include:
- Community College diploma in a related discipline such as Social Services or Psychology; and
- Minimum six (6) months experience in a Social Services setting.
- Proficient in both official languages is an asset
Date Posted: June 30, 2020 at 16:00 hours
Application Deadline: July 8, 2020 at 16:00 hours
Should you be interested in applying for this exciting career opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline with the subject line referencing job posting #20-20 – Case Aide, Ontario Works Temporary.
This position is covered by a collective agreement, CUPE Local 5330. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Individuals requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangement.